Flowers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

First Bluebird of sighted at "Trid"!

On Friday, March 18, 2011, as I glanced out my kitchen window, there it was.... an Eastern Bluebird, sitting on the roof of the bird feeder, just as blue as the sky.  So, I ran and grabbed my camera and when I returned to the window it had turned around so that I got a good front view.  It clearly shows the beautiful blue but the back view of the Bluebird is all blue on the male.  The female is not very blue but is kind of grayish-brown.  Hopefully it will come back and decide to nest in one of my boxes.  I will be watching for it.

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen a bluebird up close, I love living in the country now and I'm sure I will soon! I need to put up some feeders, I heard they like unsalted peanuts!

    ReplyDelete

Followers